Friday, April 19, 2013

Seattle Mini Maker Fair, Here We Come!

I'm very excited to confirm that my young son and I will be participating at the 2013 Seattle Mini Maker Fair this June 8th and 9th.  Here's the details on the event:

Home Page for Seattle Mini Maker Fair

Our table will have a number of things to appeal to both young and old attendees.  For the younger set, we will have a crafting table where you can glue, tape, staple, cut, paint, and draw with recycled materials to make your own craft.  Alternately, we can guide you with directions for projects we've pretested and played with at home.  We will have directions to make musical toys, ink stamps, marble runs, kaleidoscopes, origami, special paper airplanes, and more!

For the more "mature" crowd, I'll be showcasing some recycled/upcycled projects I'll be bringing from home, as idea sparkers.  Plus, I'll be demonstrating how to make plarn (yarn from plastic bags), and yarn from T-shirts, and what you can make with those kinds of yarns.  I will also show you how there are numerous educational opportunities in building things from recycled objects.


My son and I are totally thrilled to be invited to join such a fantastic crowd of people, and we hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment